To qualify the executives to understand the importance of their support and commitment to the projects undertaken by the organization.
Also, it will be discussed the projects, programs and portfolios’ roles, in the achievement of the goals outlined by the organization’s strategic planning.
At the end of the course the student will be able to:
- Understand the project management competitive advantage
- Understand the main features of a successful project manager
- Distinguish projects from process
- Distinguish projects, programs and portfolios
- Understand the main responsibilities of the project sponsor
- Understand the role of the integrated change control
- Identify the major functions and features of a project management office (PMO)
- Understand the importance of the corporate’s governance in projects
- Course duration [?]
- 8 hours
- Number of participants [?]
- Minimum 20 students per class
- Target audience
- Executives, managers, project sponsors, strategic planning professionals and others interested in the project management process.
- Language(s) [?]
- Portuguese and English
- Provided by the contractor. Worldwide attendance.
- Certification and PDU [?]
- All training participants will receive a participation certificate with 8 PMI's PDUs.
(PMI R.E.P. activity number: Macro018)
Teaching Methodology Top ↑
Macrosolutions had developed the market's most awarded dynamics, concerning the projects training.
In this course, the following dynamics will be used:
The courseware to be received by the students will consist of slides, articles and lists of exercises, and it may also contain the following special products by Ricardo Vargas:
- Book Project Management: Establishing Competitive Advantages
- 5 Minutes PM Videocast. Practical classes with Ricardo Vargas. DVD distributed worldwide by Microsoft that celebrates the Microsoft Project 2010 launch.
Exclusive student access area
In addition to the exclusive printed material, all participants will have access to the courseware’s electronic version, to the files of exercises and to the work done in the classroom.
The access is given through the restricted site that is available and prepared by the Macrosolutions team considering each course that we provide. This initiative is a pioneer in the educational market and also anticipates trends related to the documents’ electronic management
Training basic program
- ‣ Course opening
- 1. Overview of Project Management
- Definition of project management
- The benefits of project management
- Organizational Structures
- Definition of PMO and its applications
- 2. Project organization
- Defining projects
- Defining programs
- Defining portfolios
- 3. The phases of the project
- 4. Project management and its direct relation to strategic planning
- Corporate Strategic Planning
- Performance indicators
- Defining the Balanced Scorecard approach
- Organizational culture and the impact of changes in projects
- Managerial decisions and leadership
- 5. Roles of the executive manager in project management
- Sponsorship and support
- Direction and governance
- Project quality assurance
- Ensuring efficient communication
- 6. Role of corporate governance in the success of projects
- Corporate governance and its importance in guiding the projects
- Desires versus needs
- Strategic Planning
- Ensuring sponsorship and support to projects
- Communicating quality expectations and making sure these are met
- Creating and maintaining a communication channel for all projects
- ‣ Course close-out
Supported standards and methodologies
Project Management Institute (PMI) PMBOK® Guide Yes PMI Practice Standard for Estimating — PMI Practice Standard for Earned Value Management — PMI Practice Standard for Configuration Management — PMI Practice Standard for Risk Management — PMI Practice Standard for Work Breakdown Structure — PMI Practice Standard for Scheduling — PMI Standard for Portfolio Management Yes PMI Standard for Program Management Yes PMI Project Manager Development Competency Framework — Organizational Project Management Maturity Model (OPM3)® — UK Office of Government Commerce (OGC) PRINCE2 (Projects in Controlled Environments) Yes MSP (Managing Successful Programmes) Yes M_O_R (Management of Risks) — P3M3 (Portfolio, Programme, and Project Management Maturity Model) Yes P3O (Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices) Yes MoP (Management of Portfolios) Yes MoV (Management of Value) — Scrum Alliance Scrum Methodology Yes International Project Management Association (IPMA) ICB® IPMA Competence Baseline Yes