Macrosolutions is going to develop your project’s complete plan in three weeks time. We are going to use a unique methodology of work called Accelerated Benefits ®.
Specific actions will be directly related to the planning products, which can be applied immediately on the projects that are managed and on the projects that have great impact on the results visibility and on the project management.
The Accelerated Benefits® methodology will become a competitive and unique advantage to your organization because it can be used both to structure projects being executed with no proper planning and for projects in crisis.
Key issues addressed
- Projects being executed with incomplete, inaccurate or no existing planning
- Sudden project manager or key team member exchange
- Project in crisis, without control or management
- Delays and budget overflow
- Threats that are identified only after they become problems
- Risk imminent perception with no control planning
- Constant improvisation increase
- Inaccurate and unreliable status reports
- Late and ineffective decision making
Scope of work
- Current project status assessment
- Implementation of the Accelerated Benefits® process
- Team structuring that will compose the Task Force
- Existing information collection
- Accelerated Benefits® documents first version definition
- Communication Plan definition and implementation
- Contingency process implementation
- Risk Triggers definition and their implementation within projects scope
- Leaders Training and coaching
- Assisted Operation
- Estimated duration of the consultancy work [?]
- 1 month for the Accelerated Benefits and 3 months for Assisted Operation
- Work complexity [?]
- Client's team (minimum required) [?]
- 1 Project Manager and 1 Planning Analyst
- Client's team allocation x Macrosolutions team allocation [?]
- 5% Client's Team
95% Macrosolutions' Team (Accelerated Benefits)
/ 80% Client's Team
20% Macrosolutions' Team (Assisted Operation)
- Organizational level of coverage [?]
- Corporate: ★★
- Language(s) [?]
- Portuguese, English, Spanish
Supported standards and methodologies
Project Management Institute (PMI) PMBOK® Guide Yes PMI Practice Standard for Estimating Yes PMI Practice Standard for Earned Value Management — PMI Practice Standard for Configuration Management Yes PMI Practice Standard for Risk Management Yes PMI Practice Standard for Work Breakdown Structure Yes PMI Practice Standard for Scheduling Yes PMI Standard for Portfolio Management — PMI Standard for Program Management — PMI Project Manager Development Competency Framework — Organizational Project Management Maturity Model (OPM3)® — UK Office of Government Commerce (OGC) PRINCE2 (Projects in Controlled Environments) Yes MSP (Managing Successful Programmes) — M_O_R (Management of Risks) Yes P3M3 (Portfolio, Programme, and Project Management Maturity Model) — P3O (Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices) — MoP (Management of Portfolios) — MoV (Management of Value) — Scrum Alliance Scrum Methodology Yes International Project Management Association (IPMA) ICB® IPMA Competence Baseline —
Areas: approach comprehensiveness
Area Comprehensiveness Integration ★★★★★ Scope ★★★★★ Time ★★★★★ Cost Optional Quality ★★★ Human Resource ★★★★ Communications ★★★★ Risk ★★★★ Procurement Optional EHS Optional Strategic Planning
Additional Information Top ↑
The Accelerated Benefits® is the first phase of any project management process implementation. After that we have the periodically update of the generated documents to support the work being executed. Finally, we have the third phase, the complementary processes, the processes that will facilitate and adjust the immediate benefits and critical processes.
- Phase 1: Accelerated benefits
- Phase 2: Documents update
- Phase 3: PMO Implementation
During the Accelerated Benefits ® work, the Macrosolutions’ team will focus on the planning documents’ structuring and definition, producing visible results in a short term period.
The main benefits are:
- Speed in the first results presentation
- First movement to formalize the projects management process
- Credibility and evidence gain for the process is being suitably used
- Executive sponsorship increase due to the first results presentation
The Accelerated Benefits ® allow the focus increase on the critical and vital components planning and they are strongly oriented towards tangible and clear deliveries.
"The executive always says that he has no time to plan. But the same executive always has money to redo the work.” - Ricardo Vargas
The Project Management Office (PMO) is a formal control structure that supports the projects and increases the maturity level of a specific project management, a specific area of the organization or even the organization as a whole. Its main objective is to enable the organization to develop their projects more efficiently and more effectively.
It is important to note that the Accelerated Benefits® does not produce definitive documents but early versions that must be consistently updated throughout the project.
In the selecting criteria for the Accelerated Benefits® documents definition, the parameters listed below were used in the flowing order of priority:
- Executive Visibility
- Data collection facility
- Knowledge area accuracy according to PMBOK
- Easy definition