Macrosolutions is a pioneer in the implementation of practices and techniques of risks and uncertainties analysis simulation in projects such as Monte Carlo Simulation, the Decision Tree, Sensitivity Analysis and Event Chain Methodology.
Macrosolutions team is highly skilled in technical concepts as well as at the most important risk simulation software available.
Macrosolutions uses in all works the state of the art of tools and processes for managing risks including the market ultimate mathematical simulators, vanguard data modeling and reliability analysis methods.
Key issues addressed
- Insufficient knowledge of the real project uncertainties/operation
- Imminent risk perception with no control planning
- Lack of confidence in the results of qualitative analysis
- Lack of predictability on projects with high financial investment
- Low success rate in meeting the deadlines
- Late and ineffective decision making
Scope of work
- Project data modeling
- Simulation software implementation
- Data Planning and structuring
- Scenarios Planning
- Simulations execution on the defined scenarios
- Statistical treatment of results
- Mathematical modeling and estimates of the financial and time reserves
- Coaching of the Data Update Team
- Work complexity [?]
- Client's team (minimum required) [?]
- 1 Project/Risks Analyst
- Client's team allocation x Macrosolutions team allocation [?]
- 25% Client's Team
75% Macrosolutions' Team
- Maturity Level (minimum required) [?]
- Medium to high
- Organizational level of coverage [?]
- Corporate: ★★
- Language(s) [?]
- Portuguese, English, Spanish
Supported standards and methodologies
Project Management Institute (PMI) PMBOK Guide — PMI Practice Standard for Estimating Yes PMI Practice Standard for Earned Value Management — PMI Practice Standard for Configuration Management — PMI Practice Standard for Risk Management Yes PMI Practice Standard for Work Breakdown Structure — PMI Practice Standard for Scheduling Yes PMI Standard for Portfolio Management — PMI Standard for Program Management — PMI Project Manager Development Competency Framework — Organizational Project Management Maturity Model (OPM3®) — UK Office of Government Commerce (OGC) PRINCE2 (Projects in Controlled Environments) — MSP (Managing Successful Programmes) — M_O_R (Management of Risks) Yes P3M3 (Portfolio, Programme, and Project Management Maturity Model) — P3O (Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices) — MoP (Management of Portfolios) — MoV (Management of Value) — Scrum Alliance Scrum Methodology — International Project Management Association (IPMA) ICB® IPMA Competence Baseline —
Areas: approach comprehensiveness
Area Comprehensiveness Integration Scope Time ★★★★★ Cost ★★★★★ Quality Human Resource Communications ★★★★★ Risk ★★★★★ Procurement EHS Strategic Planning
Additional Information Top ↑
Nowadays, business and projects management mean to deal with uncertainty and volatility. To increase the chances of success it is essential the organizations to be able to improve their ability to proactively manage the uncertainty, that is, to manage their risks.
"The great benefit of using the Monte Carlo Simulation is to enable the understanding of the uncertainty impact and develop plans to mitigate, avoid or accept the risk.” - Ricardo Vargas
One of the main obstacles to the effective risks management is the difficulty in quantifying the risk estimates which enables the development of appropriate responses to different identified scenarios. To significantly improve the quality of these estimates, the use of sophisticated statistical models, simulation mechanisms and scenario building become obligatory.